Sardonyx Second Playthrough (Female main)

Welcome to the Ragnarok Raven forums! We're glad you joined and look forward to your posts, but we recommend you take a few moments to read the rules (as well as those for Real Talk in particular should you choose to post there--can be found linked in another one of these handy boxes in that forum) before you get down to business.
  • 1-1.PNG

1-3.PNG

ragnarokraven.net/attachment/7/

1-2.PNG

So I decided to start a second file of Sardonyx while we wait for the next major update! This time, I'm using the female mc (named Shirane), with her first two Pokemon being a Starly (Mighty Morphin season 3 White) and Bellsprout (Jungle Fury Yellow).

The naming theme this time around is Power Rangers :P

The run began with me picking Mienfoo as the starter until I found Starly in the grass by the lab, at which point I leveled up Starly enough to safely box Mienfoo. After that, I went to the park proper to find and catch Bellsprout, then headed out to Route 1 to grind some. After defeating Kaden and rescuing Jordan's Vee, I then proceeded back home, completed the lost Growlithe side quest, and out the west gate to Route 2, where more grinding ensued and trainers were beaten. Upon reaching Emeralis city, I quickly did the absent teacher side quest after rolling through more of Rhodie's endless taunting, and ended the first session in front of the school tournament grounds.

On a minor note, I didn't know the initial battle against Jordan/Mary could be skipped entirely, which led to some funny dialogue, being scolded for not saying anything at the lab about not coming to the park (despite, ya know, being a mute hero/ine?). Also was I always able to walk through the Poke Mart's sign post outside?

• 2-4.PNG

2-5.PNG 2-6.PNG

Session 2 was a bit of a short one. I entered the School Tournament mini arc and asserted my dominance over the entire student body, winning myself an assortment of specialty Pokeballs :D

I then watched as Rhodie continued his "nah nah that didn't count bruh, the sun was in my eyes >:(" bit while also belittling poor Jordan. The guy just can't catch a break can he? Afterwards, I healed up the team (Almost lost White-3, luckily I was able to beat his Solosis with it), and headed off to Route 3 to look for a new team member to add to the party. During the search, White-3 evolved into Staravia /o/

On a minor note: I came across a Yamper while looking for a Shinx to catch. I wasn't aware any Gen 8 mons were added to the game, I didn't notice any the last time I finished the demo. Also on the note of Shinx, I wanted to get Alt-Luxray on the team, but I'm unsure if ability matters for it or if there's a chance the Shinx will evolve into normal Luxray. I might need to find out if that's a possibility I should prepare for. I might also play around with the idea of Alt-Spinarak... :jthink:

• 3-1.PNG

3-2.PNG

3-shiny.PNG

Session 3 picks up where we last left off on Route 3 looking high and low for a Shinx to add to Shirane's team. After several grueling hours under the hot ass sun (yes really, I just could not find a decent one and we're in the middle of a bad heatwave) she finally captured a good enough Shinx to finally progress. And by progress, I mean another long grinding session to get Mystic Blue to evolve into Luxio! It has a neutral nature, but the IVs make up for the lack of any good nature boost I think. Now with all of Route 3 clear (and a hearty "No" in response to the fox fan on the pier), we enter Rubina city, where our young teenage heroine is asked to aid the local police force in finding an extremely dangerous cop killer loose in the city. Average Pokemon protag fare, really. We end our day wandering the city (for dramatic effect, I know where to go :P) looking for the perpetrator and hoping to bring him to great justice!

On a minor note: I FOUND A SHINY WHILE GRINDING MYSTIC BLUE :D also, I was hoping to add Alt-Growlithe to the team to cover my grass/fire/water core and leave the other slots open for more interesting types. I did find one, but as I had forgotten to save and didn't wanna end up forced to carry a bad one, I ran. What I DIDN'T KNOW was when looking up where to find Alt-Growlithe, it did say Rubina city. What I personally failed to catch was that nifty 1% encounter rate, meaning I will have to wait until I get the hatchet and am able to enter Charred Pathway to actually get one easily u-u BUT WHO CARES? SHINY LEDYBA :D

• 4-1.PNG

4-2.PNG

4-3.PNG

4-4.PNG

Session 4 begins with the manhunt in progress, "cornering" Zoltan at the top of the old building. Naturally, we avoid battling the guy and get concussed for our efforts by a mystery man later revealed to be named Zemith by the police during our little recap spell at the station. Once free of our law enforcement responsibilities, we're gifted an axe and beeline straight to the forest to pick up our Growlithe, SPD Phantom! He's got a brave nature, and his IVs could be better, but I can manage this (assuming its physical move pool doesn't leave much to be desired). After our acquisition, we train up a bit then clear out the forest, nabbing a stray egg from the jaws of a starving Ekans. Get fucked, filthy reptile :v We end today's session in front of the first gym, to be taken on next time.

On a minor note: Remember when that Smoky Cloud TM was Flamethrower in an earlier build? I do, and poor Phantom cries himself to sleep at night now :') Also, this heatwave is still going. Someone please send me a monsoon I'm dying here!! :jmad:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!